Our Adoption Process:
1. Fill out our adoption application below.
2. Once submitted, we will review your application and reach out to set up a consultation, evaluate your needs and preferences.
3. If we believe the dog is a right fit for your home, we will arrange a meet and greet.
4. If the meet and greet goes well, we will schedule a home check.
(Please note: Depending on the foster and volunteer's availability, will determine if we bring the dog with us to the home check.)
5. You will be given the opportunity for a trial period with the dog in your house as a part of your day to day life, before any adoption is finalized to ensure it is a good match.
6. When both parties agree this is a good match after the trial period, we will send you the Adoption Contract for signing -along with transferring the microchip and copies of medical records.
Must Live in the Los Angeles Area:
Unless otherwise discussed in advance, we will only consider Los Angeles area adoptions. If you do not live in the LA area please check with us before filling out an application by e-mailing us
*IF RENTING, have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
*MUST BE 21: Applicant must be at least 21 years old/head of household.
*BE WILLING TO SPEND THE TIME AND MONEY necessary to provide training, medical treatment & proper care of the dog for the rest of its life.
*ADOPTION DONATION & CONTRACT: If we approve you for the adoption of a dog, we accept a minimum donation of $350 ($450 for puppies under 4 months old plus a $100 spay/neuter deposit and $200 for seniors nine years old and over) and signed adoption agreement. Please understand that the adoption donation ensures that we can continue saving more lives. The adoption donation is often just a fraction of the cost that the rescue team has spent on boarding, shelter pull fees, transportation fees, spaying and neutering, vaccines, microchips, medical costs, supplies and dog training. Donating is a gift freely given, not a purchase price for a dog. No goods or services have been or will be provided in exchange for the donation. Any donation made is non refundable after the 5 day trial period if you decide to adopt.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of this application does not guarantee adoption of an dog.
iPhone and Tablet users please use this link instead: ADOPTION APPLICATION